If you are looking to upgrade the roof of your home or business, metal roofing is an excellent option to consider. It has many benefits that other options do not. These systems are not just for commercial businesses and high-end homes. Many homeowners are realizing the great benefits of modern metal roofs, and they are increasingly installing them on their homes. I have put together a list of my top ten benefits of a metal roofing system. This will give you some insight if you are considering installing one. Please feel free to leave your comments or questions below.
10. Metal roofs are suitable for a steep slope where other heavy roofing materials may be dangerous or impractical.
9. Modern standing seam metal roofs can easily be integrated with solar panels.
8. Metal roofing does not contain any petroleum based products that go into the production of asphalt shingles.
7. Metal roofing is fully recyclable at the end of its service life.
6. Metal roofing materials are available in many textures, colors, and styles.
5. Many modern metal roofs are coated with products such as Kynar, which is abrasion, moisture, and UV resistant. This reflects solar heat, helping the homeowner reduce utility costs.
4. Metal roofs are very impact resistant and generally do not lose this resistance with age.
3. Metal roofs are highly fire resistant. Most metals are non-corrosive and will resist burning.
2. Metal roofs retain their value very well, which is an advantage if the owner decides to sell the property.
1. Metal roofs require much less maintenance than traditional roofing and can last three times longer than asphalt shingle roofs.
So, there you have it, ten great benefits to owning a metal roofing system. McKinnis Roofing has many years of experience installing metal roofs; including standing seam, DECRA, and copper roofs. If you would like more information about metal roofing systems or an estimate please call us at 877-734-8832 to talk to one of our knowledgeable representatives or click here to Request a Free Estimate. Please leave any other comments or questions below.